DONOR ADVISED FUND MATCH
November 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
INCREASE YOUR IMPACT
Through the generosity of anonymous donors, The Catholic Foundation will match 10% of your contribution to your new or existing Donor Advised Fund!
HOW IT WORKS
Open a new Donor Advised Fund at The Catholic Foundation (or add money to your existing DAF) and we will match 10% of the donation! This 10% will be deposited directly into your DAF. You can use this money to grant to those Catholic-compliant charities on your heart. For example: You make a donation of $10,000 to open a DAF and an additional $1,000 will be deposited into your account which can be used over time to grant to more than 250 Catholic and Catholic-compliant charities!
DAF MATCH RULES & RESTRICTIONS
- Available for all new and existing Donor Advised Funds – $5,000 initial donation is required for new funds.
- Available through June 30, 2024, or, if there is a high volume of interest, while matching dollars last.
- Donations up to $200,000 will be matched 10%.
- DAFs will have matching dollars deposited one month after the donation is received.
- The Donor Advised Fund matching dollars may not be spent until 12 months following the receipt of the matching money to allow time for growth.
- Only new dollars will be matched – moving money between DAFs at The Catholic Foundation will not count toward the match.
OPENING A NEW FUND IS EASY!
- Fill out the Donor Advised Fund Application Form and review the DAF Terms & Conditions.
- Submit to The Catholic Foundation (P.O. Box 4905, Orlando, FL 32802-4905 or scan and email to Madelyn Weed). We will review and provide you with a Donor Advised Fund Agreement to sign and return with your initial donation.
- The initial donation can be made via appreciated stock, check, credit card or even through a grant from another donor advised or charitable fund! (There are a number of other assets which can be used to start your donor advised fund, contact our office for more details.)
- Once approved and the initial deposit is received, your fund will be opened and ready for granting. After one month, the 10% matching dollars will be deposited into your account.
- We will send you a DAF Welcome Kit with information on how to use your 24/7 online donor portal!
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR 10% MATCH
NEW DAF FUNDHOLDERS
Fill out the Donor Advised Fund Application Form and review the DAF Terms & Conditions and submit to The Catholic Foundation. If you have any questions, please contact Madelyn Weed, CFRE, CAP or (407) 246-7188.
EXISTING DAF FUNDHOLDERS
Make any new donation into your DAF via stock, check, credit card (on the Donor Portal) or another asset and you will receive the 10% match (while matching dollars are available). Please contact Madelyn Weed, CFRE, CAP or (407) 246-7188 so we can identify any incoming donation as a gift into your DAF account.